Friday, May 27, 2011

Coaster Box




Good morning! I am still trying to get blogger to work on all our computers but for know it looks like I can post on at least one computer. Not the one with my pictures however. :( The other night I decided to make a coaster box with some of the current Designer Series Paper. I anticipate that most of the Designer Series Paper that is in the current catalog to retire at the end of June and since I have quite a bit I thought I would start using it up. Now of course I could be wrong and it could stay but I will know on June 1st. To make the coaster box you will need five coasters, Tombow Multipurpose glue, Designer Series Paper (I used Newsprint), Crop-a-dile, ribbon and any embellishments you would like to add. The coasters are 4x4 so I cut my Designer Series Paper to that size and glued it to four of the coasters. I then sanded the edges and corners so the paper was even on all sides. I did sponge the top and bottom edges with the Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink Pad and a sponge. The ribbon was added to the sides to hold the box together. I used the Paper Piercer and the Mat Pack to get all the holes evenly spaced then used the Crop-a-dile to make the holes big enough for the ribbon to go through. The ribbon I used is the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon is Basic Black. The bottom of the box is attached with the Tombow Multipurpose Glue and was left to dry overnight. I decorated my box with a flower made with the Fun Flower Bigz Die and some ribbon. I am going to use this box to hold items in my classroom so if you attend my classes or club you might just see this box. I am hoping to be able to post again later but if not have a great weekend and don't forget that My Birthday Special ends on May 30th. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: