Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fun New Hostess Set

Hello, wow what a week I have had. I returned from Stampin'Up! Convention last night and it was a great time. I have new ideas to try and lots of new card samples to share with you as well as ways to make my business better and help my downline with their business too. I have a lot of things to share with you but first let me tell you about a hostess special that starts July 27th and ends August 31. If you host a workshop that has a sales total before taxes and shipping of $350 or more you will receive an additional $25 in hostess benefits. This is on top of our other hostess benefits so you can get more free merchandise. I can't believe it! Want to host a workshop and earn free merchandise then give me a call and we will set up a date and time.
Today I want to share with you one of the swaps I took to Convention. I was making 50 of these cards so I decided not to watercolor the whole image but rather spotlight a small portion of it. I used Pretty in Pink Card Stock and added texture with the Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I also used Riding Hood Red Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock and Baja Breeze Card Stock. I used the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border on the Baja Breeze Card Stock. I used two stamp sets the new hostess set Birthday Bakery and All Holidays for the Happy Birthday Sentiment. I used the Stampin' Write Markers in Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, and Pretty in Pink to color the image I spotlighted. For the spotlighting I used the 1" Circle Punch and the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. Now usually for spotlighting I stamp the image twice and punch out the portion I want from the second image to use on the first, but I decided that instead of wasting paper and stamping the second image I would just punch out the portion I wanted from the main image and cover the hole with the Pretty in Pink 1 1/4" Circle, then the cake image. I also used the new 1/4" Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon on the card and paper pierced about the ribbon for extra interest. I have a few more swaps that I haven't shared with you yet and I am going to start working on new samples for August as well as workshop cards.
Thank you for stopping by today and if I can help you with any of your stamping needs just let me know. Thanks, Tonya

No comments: