Thursday, April 11, 2013

Birthday Cross Word

Good morning, another dreary day here with the temperature back down in the 30's. Looks like another day to stay inside and stamp. Today I have the final card we made this week for Stamp Time. I have had the Cross My Heart Stamp Set since the Spring Catalog came out but have failed to ink it up until just recently. I think some stamp sets lend themselves to smaller cards and this is one of those. I started with a 3 1/2" base and went from there. The colors are Regal Rose (retiring), Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White and just a touch of Chocolate Chip. Oh, and just a smig of Daffodil Delight on the candle tip. I inked up and stamped the main image three times, then cut out letters from the Regal Rose and Tempting Turquoise to accent the main image which was also cut out after stamping. The cupcake which is included in the set was ink up with the Stampin' Write Markers and then punched out with teh 1" Circle Punch and layered on the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. My Whisper White background was looking a bit boring so I added a little texture with the Argyle Embossing Folder. The final touches were Dazzling Diamonds added to the cupcake and 1/8" Regal Rose Taffeta Ribbon that I knotted on the side of the card. Now I have a perfect little card to send to a special birthday girl. Remember all items are from Stampin'Up! and can be purchased from me. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Tonya

No comments: