Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Showers Bring Flowers...

Good afternoon, it is a rainy day here in Missouri and since you can't be outside I am taking advantage of the rain and working on projects inside like new cards to share with you. I did this card earlier in the week for yesterday's Stamp Time and it features a set that will be in an upcoming class. The A Round Array Stamp Set and 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch are a current bundle that you can buy. They will also be available in the new catalog but why wait when you can start making cards like this one now. I used a couple of retiring items on this card. The colors are Baja Breeze (retiring), More Mustard (retiring) and Cherry Cobbler. If you need any of the retiring items please place your order today as items are selling out. I used the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder and sponged the clouds just a bit with a Sponge and White Craft Ink. The Cherry Cobbler Scallop Square is made with the Big Shot and the Duo Scallop Square Die. I added the Polka Dot Scallop Ribbon in More Mustard but used the solid side. The Flowers are stamped in the three colors then punched out as is the sentiment which is You Make Me Smile. I popped the sentiment up on a 1" Circle of More Mustard Card Stock and added it to the corner like a sun. The leaves on the flowers is made with the Ormanent Punch that comes in the Merry Minis Punch Pack which is a carry over item from the Holiday Mini. All I did after punch the ornament out is to trim off the top of the ornament with the Paper Snips. The leaves and stems are Old Olive Card Stock. If you would like to make this card let me know and I will sign you up for the upcoming A Round Array Class. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: