Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gift Card Holder


Good morning, now that it is the first of December I am in Christmas planning, shopping and decorating mode. I have started some of each but now I feel like time is really slipping by and we have a busy month of activities ahead of us. This weekend was my Holiday Gift Giving Open House and one of the projects we made was this gift card holder. There have been several of this type of card on the internet but I had never saw dimensions so I just started playing around with the gift card and a half a sheet of card stock until I got the size that worked for me. If you knew how many sheets of card stock I ruined just by not getting the correct measurements you would probably be shocked. Really it was only a couple. ;) The outside is decorated with the Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper and the Word Play Stamp Set. The image is stamped with Jet Black Stazon and we watercolored the ornament with the Aquapainter, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Classic Ink. I decided to make the sentiment look like a package so the Very Vanilla Card Stock was layered with the Cherry Cobbler Card Stock and a 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Bow was added to the top of the package. The inside is pretty simple in that there is just a layer of Very Vanilla Card Stock added so you have a place to write your message. I used the 1" Circle Punch and the Word Window Punch to make the slot for the gift card. If you would like measurements let me know and I will add those later.
Remember the Holiday Bundle Special is still going on until December 16. If you need to place an order for the holidays don't wait as shipping times are longer right now. I am off to school to volunteer today and then need to run some errands. No stamping for me today but I have several projects done for the next few days so be sure and stop by and see what I have been up to. I want to welcome and new member to my downline. My newest team member signed up her first team member yesterday. Congrats, Carole and welcome to the Stampin'Up! family Cecil.
Have a great day and I hope you get the chance to stamp today, Tonya

No comments: