Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crazy!



I feel like today's post should be titled Tonya Who? I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Life has gotten a little crazy at our house and while I have been creating and stampin' I just haven't had anything that I could show you at this time. I will share the baby shower invites but I really want those that are invited to receive their's first. Some do follow my blog so sorry. I have also been working on a couple of lighted glass blocks for a special order. These presented a challenge in that they wanted a outline around the name and then the extra details. I did get them finshed but I forgot to take a picture of the finished project. I will share one another time. Now back to today's card. One of my DD's friends is turning 13 today and of course that meant a special card just for her. Like many teens and preteens she like the skulls and even the cherries that seem to be all over the place. So of course the Rockabilly Specialty DSP was our first choice. I used CarReal Red Textured dstock for the base and a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 piece of the cherry Rockabilly Paper was added. I then some 5/8" Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon tied in a square knot. The cupcake image is from Crazy for Cupcakes (love this set) and is stamped in Basic Grey on Whisper White Cardstock. I used both Kiwi Kiss and Real Red Classic Ink and the Aquapainter to color in the candle. The cupcake liner is made by stamping the cupcake image on a polka dot piece of the Rockabilly Paper and them the base is cut out. Before I attached the base I added Crystal Effects all over the Icing area and them added some Real Red beads I had in my craft room. They are retired from Stampin'UP but matched the projects perfect. After letting that dry all night I used dimensionals to pop up the cupcake line. I also used the ticket corner punch on the corners of the image. I used dimensionals to attach the image to my base and then moved onto the
inside. I cut a Whisper White inside liner and again used the ticket corner punch. I stamped the cherries from the Tart & Tangy Set (which matches the paper perfectly) after I had inked it up using both the Old Olive and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers. If you don't have any of these they are great to start out with and with dual tips they are also great for journalling or adding that personal touch inside your cards. This card was left blank so my DD could add her own message to her friend. I hope she likes it. If you would like to purchase any of the items to make this card please contact me or simply go to my website and you can order online. All products are of course from Stampin'UP unless otherwise noted. Well, I am off to clean my house and do some more laundry but I will hopefully get time to stamp today too! Have a great day and thank you for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: