Monday, September 30, 2013

Punch Art Time

Hello and welcome back after a fun weekend. It was a busy one for our family but that is okay. Today I have a birthday card for you that I made for my niece who turned 9 on Friday. They are all growing up so fast. This card was inspired by one that I saw on Facebook by a fellow demonstrator but I can't find the card now. If it was yours please let me know and I will add a link to your blog. The doll is a Lalaloopsy Doll and my niece loves them. This one is Mittens Fluff. I used images of the doll to help me with my project. The colors are Blushing Bride, Tempting Turquoise Melon Mambo, and Whisper White. I used several punches including the 2 1/2" Circle Punch, the Word Window Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Small Heart Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. For the body I used the Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die and the Stripes Embossing folder that I inked up with the Melon Mambo Ink Pad before I ran the card stock through the Big Shot. The face is 2 retired black buttons and the rest is hand drawn on. I used some Rhinestone Bling for her hair bows and because I wanted the outfit to sparkle I used the Illuminate Glimmer Stamp Pad and Heat and Stick Powder to add Dazzling Diamonds on the entire outfit. It gives it the extra bling factor that it needs. The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake and fits perfectly in the Large Oval Punch. I added just a bit more texture on the background with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder. I really hope Cami enjoys her card and that you enjoyed seeing it too. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great day! Tonya

No comments: