Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tags for Valentine's Day

Good afternoon! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. What a dreary day this has turned out to be. The perfect day for stamping or at least for me it is. The kids were trying out their new Wii games that Santa brought them which gave me some time to sneak into my craft room. Today's projects came together pretty quickly which makes them great for mass producing for the kids at school. I don't know if either of these will become my kids' Valentine's but if not they were fun to make. They both use the same basic supplies which are: Love You Much Stamp Set (113756) Real Red Card Stock (102482), Whisper White Card Stock (100730), Tempting Turquoise Card Stock (102067), Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker (100082), Real Red Stampin' Write Marker (103133), Blender Pen (102845), Real Red Classic Ink (103287), Basic Gray Classic Ink (109120), Wide Oval Punch (112082) Scallop Circle Punch (109043), 2 way Glue (100425), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (102023), Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109038), SNAIL (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper (113976), Stampin'Up! Lots of Tags Sizzlits Dies (114508), and Stampin'Up! Two Tags (115954).
The first project is a cute tag that would work for a gift or you could add a small piece of candy inside and make it your Valentine. The die cuts, scores and even adds the hole for the ribbon at the top. After cutting out the tag. I stamped the two birds on Whisper White Card Stock after I inked them with the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker and the Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker. I stamped the image a second time on a piece of Pink Flamingo DSP. I used the Wide Oval Punch to punch out the bird image and using the Paper Snips I cut out the two birds that were stamped on the Pink Flamingo DSP. The Paper Pieced Birds were added to the Whisper White image with Stampin' Dimensionals. I layered this on a Tempting Turquoise Tag from Lots of Tags. Add it to the front of the folded tag, add the ribbon and this project is finished.
We are a house of readers. My kids and I always seem to have a book close by so I thought the long tag from the Stampin'Up! Two Tags Die would make a perfect bookmark. I again used Real Red Card Stock and the Love you Much Stamp Set. I added hearts to the Real Red Card Stock with Real Red Classic Ink. Then I stamped the Hugs and Kisses image on Whisper White Card Stock in Basic Gray Classic Ink. I used a blender pen to color in the dots, heart and circle with Real Red Classic Ink. After this dried a used the Scallop Circle Punch to punch out the image. I used 2 Way Glue and added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the dots and Heart just for a little bling. The Tag die has a scallop top which adds a nice layer around the Scallop Circle. I just used SNAIL to add the Scallop to the tag and the bookmark is complete. Now to figure out who I should give it too. Maybe my daughter or my mom.
I hope you enjoyed today's projects and remember all supplies are from Stampin'Up! and can be purchased through me if you don't already have a Demonstrator. I can have your order shipped anywhere in the US. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you stop by again. Tonya

No comments: